Shaykh Muhammad was born in Aleppo( Halab) the northern capital of Syria in 1389 AH. Is from a noble family of descend from the Prophet Muhammad (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam).
Shaykh Muhammad began his study under his father, Sayyed Yahya, rahmatullahi alaih, memorising the Glorious Qur'an and acquiring knowledge in many of the Islamic disciplines, including Aqeedah, Fiqh, Hadith and Ihsaan, with ijaazas (license to teach). He particularly specialises in the fields of Hadeeth and Tawheed.
He attended Al- Azhar Sharif University, Faculty of Usool-uddeen, where he studied under many scholars. In addition, he was under the tutelage of many stars of this century who resided in Syria, Madina, Makkah, Tangiers,(Palastine) Fez, (Morocco) Rabat, Egypt, Sudan and Bilad Ashaam. (Syria) He sat at the feet of, and was authorized by, many scholars such as Al-Imam Al- Hafeth As-Sayyed Abdullah bin Assidiqq Ghumari, Hafeth Abul Aziz bin Assiddiqq Ghumari, Hafeth Ibrahim bin Assiddiqq Ghumari, and Hafeth Hasan bin Assiddiqq Ghumari, radiaAllah anhum, Shaykh Hasan Qaribullah of Sudan, Shaykh Abdullah Al-Husayni, Shaykh Muhammad Al-Bata'ihi, Shaykh Jamil Ar-Rifaiy, Sayyed Al- Habib Al-Attas of Hadramout and others. Among the Mashayekh he learnt from are Shaykh Abdullah Siraj-Addin Al-Husayny, the Ba'Alawi scholars in Hijaz, Shaykh Abdullah At-Talidi, the Kittani Shuyukh, Shaykh Qaribullah of Sudan, the late Muhaddith Al-Haramayn Sayyed Muhammad Alawi Al-Maliki and many other honorable scholars.
Some of the books Shaykh Muhammad studied under his Shuyukh partially or wholly, and received Ijaza’s of Teaching in them with continued chain of narration, are as follows: Al-Qur’an Al-karim, Tafeer Al-Imam Al-Fakher Arrazy, Tafseer Al-Imam Al-Qurtubi, Tafseer Al-Imam At-Tabari, An- Nahrul Al Madd by Imam Abu Hayyan.
Took many books in Hadeeth and the Terminology of Hadeeth such as Nukhbatul Al-Fikr with the explanation by Hafedh Ibn Hajar, Al- bayquniyyah, Irshad Tullab Al-Haqaaeq by Imam Nawawi, Tadrib Arrawi by Imam Suyuti, Sahih Muslim with the explanation of Imam Nawawi, and Sahih Bukhari with the explanation of Imam Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani.among others.
• In the Shafi’iyy Fiqh he took Al-Muqadimmah Al-Hadramiyyah with the explanation of Imam Ibn Hajar Al-Haytami, Matn Abi Shuja’, Matn Azabad, Tanweer Al-Qulub, and part of Al-Majmu’ by Imam Nawawi, etc.
• In the Hanafi Fiqh took Matn Al-Quduri, Al- Ikhtiar by Musili, Al- Hidayah by Al Mirgani, etc. and in Maliki Fiqh took Ibn Asher by Mayyarah, and Matn Al-Ashmawiyyah., 1st volume of Athakhira by Al- Qurafi, Qawa’ed Al- Ahkaam by Al-Izz bin Abdussalam, Al-I’tisaam by Ash-Shatibi, and Bulugh Al-Maram by Ibn Hajar.
• In Aqeedah, took At-Tahawiyyieh, An-Nasafieh, As-Sanoosieh, Aqeedat Al Imam Ibn Asaaker, Al-Fiqh Al- Akbar by Al-Imam Al-Atham Abu Hanifa, rahimahuAllah with explanation of Mullah Ali Al-Qari, Usul-Addin by Al-Imam Abdul Qaher Al Bagdadi, Daf’u shubahi At-Tashbeeh by Ibn Al-Jawzi, Daf’u Shubahi man Shabbaha wa tamarrada by Imam Al-Husany, Al-Asma wassifat by imam Bayhaqi, Sharhu Al-Jawhara by Imam Allaqaani, Al-Insaaf by Imam Al-Baqillani, Asasu At-Taqdees by Al-Imam Arrazy, Ida’atu Addujna by Al-Imam Al-Maqarri, Furqanu Al-Qur’an by Al-Quda’iy, Bahru Al- Kalam by Al-Imam An-Nasafiy, At-Talweeh by Al-Imam At-Taftazani, etc..
• In Tasawuff, Ihya ulum Addin, Arrisala Al-Qushayrrieh, Ithaaf Assada Al Muttaqin by As-Sayyed Azubaydi, Al-Burhan Al- Mu’ayyad by Al-Imam Arrifa’iy, Halatu Ahli Al- Haqiqa by Imam Ar-Rifa’iy, Azzuhdu Al-Kabeer by Al-Imam Al-Bayhaqi, Tabaqatu Asufiyyiah by Al-Imam As-Salami, Arisala by Al-Hareth Al-Muhasibi, Al-Hikam of Ibn Ata’Allah, and At-Tabaqat Al-Kubra by al-Imam Asha’rani. And some more.
• Shaykh Muhammad has been trying to provide the first interactive Islamic University over the internet, while utilizing technology, yet preserving the Sunnah tradition of TALAQQI (mouth to mouth transmission of knowledge) through interactive video and audio, and conferencing, leading to generating knowledgeable male and female Muslims to lead the Ummah through genuine teachings and adherence to the Saheeh of the Sunnah of Rasoolillah, sallallahiu alayhi wa aalihi wa sallam.
• Shaykh Muhammad is launching the first of its kind: The American Islamic University, an academic Islamic teaching system, based on Talaqqi and Ijaza in teaching and knowledge. www.americanislamicuniversity.com and www.americanislamicinstitute.org
• Shaykh Muhammad is the senior scholar-in-residence at Masjid Al-Madina in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A. since 2001, where he delivers the Friday Sermons and gives weekly Majlis in Hadith and Tawheed.
• He participates in many national and international conferences on Islam, world peace, and welfare of humanity.
Objectives and Goals:
• To revive and renew the call to go “Back to Basics” (which are the Qur’an and Authentic Sunnah), by increasing the awareness among Muslims and non Muslims about Islam and the authentic Tawheed (monotheism), and prioritizing those two sources as a standard.
• To preach Tolerance, Peace, Mercy and Understanding within the Muslim community and with non Muslims, through education.
• To manifest the line of moderation and truth commanded by the Qur’an and Sunnah.
Works and Present projects:
He has authored many books in the sciences of Tawheed and Hadith in Arabic, some of which have now been introduced into the English language, among his works:
1. Satisfying the Need with the Obligatory Creed of ‘ilm At- Tawheed: (explanation of Al_Aqeedah At-Tahawiyyah in English with the proof from the Qur’an, Saheeh of the Sunnah, and the intellect).
2. Relief in explaining the Islamic Belief : ( Explanation of Al-Fiqh Al-Akbar by Imam Abu Hanifa in English, with high-yield comments and beneficial applications, preserving the explanation of Mulla Ali Al-Qari,rahimahu Allah). Still pending fine tuning.
3. Saheefa in the Obligatory Fiqh according to the Imam Abu Hanifa: (a summary detailing what scholars deem mandatory upon every Muslim to know, ‘ ilm daroori ) Simple, and easy to learn and teach. Summarized from Al- Ikhtiar by Al-Musili, Al- Hashiyah, Matn Al- Quduri, Al-Hidayah by Al- Mirgani, and Al-Mathaheb by Azuhayli.
4. iqdu An-Nafees in the obligatory fiqh according to the Imam Muhammad bin Idrees (Shafi’iy) : ( a summary of the obligatory portion of Fiqh according to the Imam As-Shafi’iy).
5. Tanweer Al-Mu’mineen with the Fadaa’el of the Sahaba and the Khulafa’ Arraashideen : ( enlighting the believers with the beautiful characters of the 4 Khalifas of the Prophet, sallallahu alayhi wa aalihi wa sallam, and defending each one of them with the Qur’an and Saheeh of the Sunnah).
6. Qawlu Al-Asmaa fi Tafseeri Asma’I Allahi Al-Husna : ( the beautiful saying in explaning the meanings of the Perfectly beautiful names of Allah).
7. shroohu An-Ninowyyiah Ala Al- Manthooma Al-Bayqooniyyah : ( the Ninowy explanation on Matn Al-Bayqooniiah, which is a explanation of Matn Al Bayqooniyyah by Imam Bayqoony in the terminology of Hadeeth).
8. Duraru Al-Bahiyyah fi Ansaabi Asadah An-Ninowyyiah : ( the shining pearls in the Ninowy family) a booklet in the science of Ansaab, (ancestry), elucidating specifically on the noble origin of the Ninowy/nawnawy families and their Husayny origin.
9. Ithafu Al-murid bi mukhtasari Ahkaami At- Tajweed : ( a summary of the rules of Tajweed and recitation of Qur’an according to the Riwayah of Hafs by way of Aasem).
10. Al- Arba’ieen Al-Alawiyyah: ( 40 Hadeeth Saheeh narrated by way of Ameer Al-Mu’mineed Sayyidina Ali bin Abi Taleb. Similar to the 40 hadeeth Nawawiyyah, by Imam Nawawi).
11. Many small letters and articles about specific Ahaadeeth and their classifications, some fiqh issues, and mostly in the science of Tawheed. Many projects are still under work and pending, such as Explanation of the Aqeedah An-Nasafiyyah, A summary of Seerah based on the Qur’an and the Saheeh of the Sunnah in English and Arabic, a Tafseer in English that avoid mistakes done so far.
12. A Doctor’s thesis about: Imam Muslim Methodology in the Science of Hadith.
13. Tahqeeq of or Hadith commentary on the Shama’el Al Muhammadiyya of Al Imam At-Tirmthi, detailed, with a unique Tazkiya-based commentary on every Hadith.
14. Tahqeeq of; commentary (hadithi and general) on Ash-Sharaful-Mu’abbad of Imam Yusuf Nabhani, rahimahu Allah.
And many more Makhtoot scriptures, yet to be finalized.